The new expansion is:

General Information. Open to the Public.
Cyberfalcon

The new expansion is:

Post by Cyberfalcon »

Just as I have been expecting, the Maelstrom/Cataclysm/The Great Sundering, will be the new expansion set.

For those of you who don't read or care for the lore, the giant-gaping-everlasting-hurricane, that you can see from the map of Azeroth, is the new destination for the expansion set.

Currently this is the most information of the Maelstrom that the public has it's hands on atm, but look forward for the blizzcon, and the inevitable leak of the alpha...

Also speculation of a healer class, is well suited for the possibility of the new hero class.

/discuss

Also goto http://www.mmo-champion.com for more/current news
The AddOn Master.
Aona

Re: The new expansion is:

Post by Aona »

Some people owe me money for guessing it right!

Under water flying (trainable at level 87), here we come!
Aona - Marksman Hunter
Axeal - Purdy DK tnak
Kymia - Protection Warrior and foot rest for the tall ones
djinux

Post by djinux »

So the Maelstrom it is eh... Well that wasnt much of a surprise. In fact I read on wowinsider months ago that someone data mined out this underwater mounted data. It is also only one of two speculations I have heard of what the expansion might be. The only other seemingly strong enough piece of lore to explore at this time would have been the emerald dream. Also Blizzard filed for a trademark with the word Cataclysm within the last few days. But the hero class being a healer. I really dont know what it could be. I doubt with the fact that they could still make an expansion out of the Emerald dream if it will be an archdruid or keeper of the grove type. Something more related to the maelstrom. However a healing class.. i dont know how you could bring a lot more variety to healing without making it too much of a gimmick.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Aona wrote:Some people owe me money for guessing it right!
Ditto. I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be "final" before Blizzcon, but whatever. The cinematic at the opening ceremonies will be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

I don't understand why they feel they need to make an expansion without a hero class. Personally I don't think they should hobble something together. Let's hope that it doesn't suck too bad.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Legacy wrote:I don't understand why they feel they need to make an expansion without a hero class. Personally I don't think they should hobble something together. Let's hope that it doesn't suck too bad.
Where are you reading they aren't going to make a hero class. I only saw the post about the trademark.
Dor

Post by Dor »

I need more characters slots if they are going to make a new hero class.
Resador - 85 Priest / Nyta - 85 Warrior / Peija - 85 Druid / Camerin - 85 Paladin / Suzea - 85 Warlock
Katalyn - 85 Hunter / Kylldor - 85 Rogue / Jatania - 85 Mage / Dorash - 85 Shaman / Ashannia - 85 Death Knight
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Sqeeks wrote:
Legacy wrote:I don't understand why they feel they need to make an expansion without a hero class. Personally I don't think they should hobble something together. Let's hope that it doesn't suck too bad.
Where are you reading they aren't going to make a hero class. I only saw the post about the trademark.

Er I didn't say anything about them not making a new hero class.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Legacy wrote:I don't understand why they feel they need to make an expansion without a hero class.

... :P
Dor

Post by Dor »

Per MMO-Champion's data mining...

The new races will be Worgen and Goblin
Resador - 85 Priest / Nyta - 85 Warrior / Peija - 85 Druid / Camerin - 85 Paladin / Suzea - 85 Warlock
Katalyn - 85 Hunter / Kylldor - 85 Rogue / Jatania - 85 Mage / Dorash - 85 Shaman / Ashannia - 85 Death Knight