OMG Hunters

General Information. Open to the Public.
djinux

OMG Hunters

Post by djinux »

So I had a bunch of badges burning a hole in my pocket and decided that since I had never leveled a hunter past level 10 that I would just roll one and mess around with it. So i grabbed the heirloom chest piece and the PVP shoulders and set out on the adventure of a young little Draenei Hunter.

I managed to get that hunter to level 12 or so in one sitting. Initial impressions are OMG this class is so freaking cheat and easy its almost not fun except for the entertainment I get from being so over the top powerful. I have a feeling this toon will level up at warp speed compared to the rest of my stable of alts...
Not sure yet if this will or won't turn out to be my favorite toon outside of Valisha or not but so far its looking like it just might.
Bridelm

Re: OMG Hunters

Post by Bridelm »

Get a gorilla and you'll see crazy leveling.
djinux

Post by djinux »

Got to play it a tad more at lunch today and went out to get myself a Boar pet until I level up enough to tame a gorilla.

One question I have though is really with a pet is there any reason not to just drop it and tame a new one if you say stable a pet for a few levels and just don't want to horse around with leveling it up should a guy just go and grab a new one somewhere that is higher level?
Dor

Post by Dor »

Some people like the "look" of their pet. If you grab a higher level gorilla for example, it might not be the same color.
Resador - 85 Priest / Nyta - 85 Warrior / Peija - 85 Druid / Camerin - 85 Paladin / Suzea - 85 Warlock
Katalyn - 85 Hunter / Kylldor - 85 Rogue / Jatania - 85 Mage / Dorash - 85 Shaman / Ashannia - 85 Death Knight
Aona

Post by Aona »

I have an odd feeling that somehow this was an indirect stab at me and the other hunters.

If it's not........ then you should grab a red crab, and name it Ghostcrawler. I did, but was too lazy to level it. You don't need a Gorilla anymore to do Thunderstomp. Any tenacity pet can thunderstomp now.

Other fun ways to find pets:
http://www.wowhead.com/?pets
Aona - Marksman Hunter
Axeal - Purdy DK tnak
Kymia - Protection Warrior and foot rest for the tall ones
djinux

Post by djinux »

A stab at you that have hunter mains? No not at all. I was just looking to use some badges because there is officially nothing left for Valisha to get off of the badge vendors that in any way resembles an upgrade.

I figured I liked alts and as much as I hack on huntards I realized that I had never played one to level and had a perception of them being a very easy class to play so I figured I would give it a shot. Now two days removed from the character's birth she is hanging around level 18 and I think I have only died once because I made a stupid pull and my pet died.

At this point I can only think of a couple toons/specs that were this powerful through the leveling process but neither right away. In the mid to late 30s when you can start drain tanking with an affliction warlock they are pretty sick and have no real downtime to speak of. Death Knights but they start at level 58 so no real fair comparison can be made. Outside of that I don't think I have ever played a class this powerful.

Hunters are pretty fun and it wouldn't surprise me too much to see this one turn 80 before the expansion comes out.
Elle

Post by Elle »

djinux

Post by djinux »

Meh.. I just grabbed one of those undead looking bears and named him Elbad i think my pet situation is all set till I hit 80 or get ADD about wanting a different color pet...

But Twolux hit 22 today and I just don't really see her slowing down. I am about another week or two worth of champion seals until I have enough for the Heirloom Bow and then OMG watchout she is going to be insane.