New Mount/Pet in the Blizzard Store

General Information. Open to the Public.
Benediction

New Mount/Pet in the Blizzard Store

Post by Benediction »

The link to the screens/vid at MMO-Champ:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/cele ... ard-store/

The steed is a ground and air mount and will move at the speed of whatever your fastest mount is. I.E. if you've obtained a 310% mount it will fly at that speed, otherwise it will fly at 280% if you have epic flying or 150% for normal.

It is 60% or 100% ground depending on your skill.

The biggest drawback to the mount is that areas that are no fly zones like Dal require a dismount before being able to fly again. I.E. if you're running around the city on the mount and the go out to Krasuses Landing you'll have to remount in order to take off. This also means when you fly into dal it will still dismount you even though it also is a ground mount; you have to remount. In essence it works precisely like it does having two mounts...it is just a single mount.

So beware if you think you're good to just jump out of the sewer...

The pet is lil-XT, a minature XT from Ulduar that has a few of its lines and apparently destroys clockwork pets.

I may be a consumer whore and I may already have the Celestial Steed. :oops:

Oh yeah $25 USD for the steed and $10 for the pet.

They give you a code you apply to your account that gives all current and future characters the pet/mount, like the other ones in the store. If you have multiple WoW accounts tied to a single battle.net account you will have to buy seperate codes for each WoW account.
Borthatos

Re: New Mount/Pet in the Blizzard Store

Post by Borthatos »

/ashamed

I already bought my mount too.. :) It's awesome!
Zodan

Post by Zodan »

The mount is enticing..

$25 bucks and you never have to buy another mount for any character ever again. I'm not that impressed with the looks though.
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

Zodan wrote:The mount is enticing..

$25 bucks and you never have to buy another mount for any character ever again. I'm not that impressed with the looks though.
Oh come on. There is nothing better than Tauren on Tiny Mounts!

It actually looks good for Dwarves, Gnomes and Humans. I found it looked pretty silly with a NE; and I don't have a Draenei.
djinux

Post by djinux »

If my estimates are right from what I read on wow.com blizzard cleared something like 2 million dollars in just a few hours with this thing...
Elle

Post by Elle »

I bought the mount for both of my accounts, and the husbands. And for my horde characters it is well worth the money so I dont have to ride those horrible ugly windriders >.<
djinux

Post by djinux »

This is blizzard first go at selling gold... I don't now have to ever buy a mount for any of my alts ever... This one will do them all just fine... So effectively I have bought gold because I have prevented myself from needing to actually buy a mount on any toon i roll on this account forever :) thanks blizzard
Zodan

Post by Zodan »

Well mounts are cheap, except for one or two 'special' ones anyway.

Saves some gold, but the skill is the big expense, and still will be.

But still, pretty nice to not have to worry about buying a mount for any new characters, ever.