Giant cat eating spider!!!!

Jokes / Videos / Anything interesting thats non-wow
Willow

Giant cat eating spider!!!!

Post by Willow »

Here's a pic I took of that spider last night, the first shows its size in comparison to our cat Frodo. She's the one that caught the bat out of midair. She's obviously slacking here. The second is an enlargement of the spider.

Willow

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
Ascaron

Re: Giant cat eating spider!!!!

Post by Ascaron »

Looks like it could either be a 'giant house spider' or a Hobo spider.

I'd squish it just to be sure :P
Willow

Post by Willow »

Oh believe me, I squished it. I was reading online about spiders, trying to figure out what it was, and came up with either a wolf spider or giant house spider. However, what I read said the giant house spider lives in the northwest. Now I found a site where a guy from my area posted a picture, and the expert said he thought it was a hobo spider. They're also only supposed to be in the northwest. Could also be a domestic house spider, in the same family as the hobo and giant. I read these spiders just wander around in the fall, looking for shelter, or a mate. I feel bad about squishing him, if he was just looking for love in all the wrong places :(
Willow

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

I can't stand spiders but I have to ask what the title of this thread is. Is it a Giant Cat who eats spiders? Or a Giant Spider who eats cats? OR a Spider who eats Giant Cats?
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Ascaron

Post by Ascaron »

I'd agree with the Hobo spider guess. I compared some photos off spider identification sites when you posted this and the closest ones I could see were either giant house spider or a Hobo spider. I say squishisng was justified!
Willow

Post by Willow »

Thanks Ascaron, just confusing that they say they're found in the northwest. Well, whatever they are, I hope with the colder weather, we'll be seeing the last of them for awhile.

Sqeeks, it is a giant spider that eats cats (or it looked like it was going to). Maybe it's a Giant Spider That Eats Gnomes :shock: ;)
Willow