Dropping Gathering Profession

Items for trade or sale to friends.
djinux

Dropping Gathering Profession

Post by djinux »

So like a good boy I leveled Mining and Jewelcrafting so I would have the gathering skill that feeds the crafting skill... Well after leveling it all the way up I just have BAH to say to it.

So I am sitting here thinking that mining is going to be getting dropped from Val and I will prolly use my DK to be my miner.

So I have 2 choices I am serious about for leveling as my second crafting profession

Alchemy and Blacksmithing. I know for all intents and purposes stat wise and such that Blacksmithing offers you a lot more flexibility in gemming and improving your stats but ever since they dropped the duration on flasks down to 1 hour I am strongly considering taking up alchemy just so that I don't go through so many flasks, and I guess the flasks get some sort of bonus or something too...

Thoughts?
Harvin

Re: Dropping Gathering Profession

Post by Harvin »

Just keep in mind that 99% of the time we have alchemists at the raids and they are always willing to make flasks for you if you provide the mats. So if you were picking up alchemy just for the ability to "proc" extras or to avoid buying flasks on the AH, you can do that already through guildies.
Dor

Post by Dor »

Go Blacksmithing. The socket bonuses are more versatile even though the rest of blacksmithing is meh.

Alchemy (through mixology) just makes your flasks last twices as long.
Resador - 85 Priest / Nyta - 85 Warrior / Peija - 85 Druid / Camerin - 85 Paladin / Suzea - 85 Warlock
Katalyn - 85 Hunter / Kylldor - 85 Rogue / Jatania - 85 Mage / Dorash - 85 Shaman / Ashannia - 85 Death Knight
djinux

Post by djinux »

Harvin wrote:Just keep in mind that 99% of the time we have alchemists at the raids and they are always willing to make flasks for you if you provide the mats. So if you were picking up alchemy just for the ability to "proc" extras or to avoid buying flasks on the AH, you can do that already through guildies.
Oh Fozan is an elixir master alchemist too so I guess I dont care about the procs or anything like that I just want the buff duration to be longer than 1 hour as kind of an ongoing attempt to mitigate pissing money away to the wind...
djinux

Post by djinux »

Dor wrote:Go Blacksmithing. The socket bonuses are more versatile even though the rest of blacksmithing is meh.

Alchemy (through mixology) just makes your flasks last twices as long.

Mixology aslo i believe after the patch where they nerfed JC did get some kind of added bonus to flasks you can make to bring it inline with the other crafting professions.

I am thinking alchemy is the way to go as I think that outside the sockets for gear blacksmithing is quite useless for a shaman... But alchemy would be good for any spec I was playing just depending on which flask I use. Endless Rage would be good as Enh or Frost Wyrm for Ele....

The BS sockets do hold appeal though. I could put 2 of my prismatic gems in those sockets and really only need to mess with one of my other JC only gems being color matched to the socket and such...I just don't know....