What are you doing with your Emblems of Triumph?

General Information. Open to the Public.
Harvin

What are you doing with your Emblems of Triumph?

Post by Harvin »

All,
So I started looking at the Tier9 loot, and as I am sure you all know by now, there is not just a T9, but there are actually 3 different levels of T9. I like to plan ahead, and I had some questions regarding this T9 business.

Are people calling it T9, T9.33, T9.66? Or T9, T9.25, T9.5? How do I refer to these different levels without sounding like an idiot?

Heroic no longer means 25man, instead, heroic means hard mode? Is that right? So, there is a 10-man instance and a 10-man heroic instance. Inside each of these, are there hard-mode fights?

From what I have read, the different tiers are available through:
Highest: obtained by turning in tokens ([item]Regalia of the Grand Protector[/item] for Shaman) .. and these tokens are no longer slot specific
Middle: obtained through [item]Trophy of the Crusade[/item] + [item]Emblem of Triumph[/item]
Lowest: obtained through [item]Emblem of Triumph[/item]

Now for the question, which mobs drop the tokens? Are those heroic, 25man bosses only that we are not likely to kill in a REALLY long time?
Which mobs drop the trophies? Regular 25man bosses and 10man heroic bosses?

The lowest tier set (all 5 pieces) costs: 50 (head) + 30 (shoulders) + 50 (chest) + 50 (legs) + 30 (hands) = 210 Emblems
The middle tier set (all 5 pieces) costs: 5 trophies and 75+50+75+75+50= 325 Emblems

Are people holding onto their Emblems in order to save for the middle tier set or are people going to spend their emblems on the lowest tier set, then re-buy the middle tier upgrades at a later time. 325 emblems sounds like a lot of emblems to use on throw-away set.

Now I'm just thinking out loud ...
If we down 3 bosses in ToC each week, that would be 9 emblems. If you did the daily 4 days a week, that would be 8 more emblems, So, maybe a moderate person could get ~17 emblems a week, which means you could get a new tier 9 (lowest level) every ~3 weeks or so. That would work out to a full set in ~15 weeks, so 4 months or less.
Now, if you hold out for the middle tier, you would get a new piece every 4-5 weeks, but this also assumes that we have enough trophies to go around, which we won't all of the time.

I was just curious what other people were planning on doing.
Edited for grammar
Bahnek

Re: What are you doing with your Emblems of Triumph?

Post by Bahnek »

It really is starting to get Waaaaaaaayyyyy too confusing :o
... I may have to retire and re-load Kings Quest I or Might and Magic. ;)
I hate feelin' like a Newb everytime there is a major patch :inpain:
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

Really? Nobody has any input? Nobody has thoughts about the tier 9 gear and which level people plan to acquire. Echo .. echo .. echo ..

Edited to not ask the wrong question. Vailcor's post below now looks stupid. My fault.
Last edited by Harvin on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vailcor

Post by Vailcor »

Oh! It's a question about HOW? Ok here we go!

All T9 is bought from the NPCs right outside the Colliseum instance portal. T9 is split into 3 levels.

T9-of Conquest is the lowest iLvL set of T9 gear. It is bought using pure Emblem of Triumph.

T9-of Triumph is the middle "tier" of T9 gear. It is bought using Eblem of Triumphs and one(1) Trophy of the Crusader. One(1) Trophy is dropped per 25 man normal difficulty boss and from each 10 man heroic boss.

The superlative T9 is -of the Crusader Heroic and this comes from the tier tokens that only drop from 25 man heroic encounters.
Every Nintendo owner has encountered the following scenario: You hand over the controller to a friend and then watch them clumsily murder Mario with the same bottomless pit until he stops coming back to life. WoW is an entire society of these people.
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

I thought I specified the "how" in my initial post, the question was: are you going to spend emblems to get the lowest level tier 9 items or hold out for trophies and get the middle tier?

Nevermind, I guess.
Bahnek

Post by Bahnek »

Well, at this point I'm still sporting 4 pieces of T7.... so I would think it would be best if I worked at getting the easiest upgrades... which would be the lowest T9 available from Emblems of Triumph.

If I get lucky and get some other upgrades out of Ulduar, including some T8 pieces, I will most likely re-assess and look to fill spots that I really need to upgrade.
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

You can get T8.5 head piece and chest piece from Emblems of Conquest, so that would be a nice boost too.
Smokthot

Post by Smokthot »

The first thing I will do is to get the headgear to complete my t8x4 set. I think I am always going to be behind the curve on gear anyway so I will skip the lowest t9 set
Willow

Post by Willow »

I agree with Bahnek, in that I think this is way too confusing. Well, maybe not confusing so much (now that it's been explained), as just too much trouble. I see why they did it, but I don't agree with it.

Anyway, that being said, I think I will be holding out for the middle tier of T9. I have 4 pieces of T8 (a couple are 8.5) and I like that set bonus. I tend to hold on to my emblems anyway. Also, I don't play as much as I used to, so I don't run the heroics very often to get the emblems, my only source is the 10/25 mans. Therefore, I don't see me getting any T9 any time soon, either way. And I did get a nice upgrade of non-tier shoulders from 10-man ToC, and of course the bracers with my name on them from 25-man ToC 8-)
Willow

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
Vailcor

Post by Vailcor »

Well... I will probably be saving my badges and wait till I get one of the trophies. I'm aiming for the shoulders and hands as they will replace the 2 piece 7.5 I was keeping for the threat bonus (and also to look like a jet fighter.) The T9 2 piece is one half of the T7 2 piece bonus for me, plus a secondary mitigation component so it seems like the perfect thing to replace those two pieces. Also they arent a wildly heafty purchase as far as Triumph emblems go so that will be nice.
Every Nintendo owner has encountered the following scenario: You hand over the controller to a friend and then watch them clumsily murder Mario with the same bottomless pit until he stops coming back to life. WoW is an entire society of these people.