Selling Raven Lord Runs

General Information. Open to the Public.
Dredg

Selling Raven Lord Runs

Post by Dredg »

I have once again opened my schedule to new clients for farming runs of Reins of the Raven Lord.

Pricing is 10,000 gold or Mekgineer's Chopper for unlimited runs once a day through Heroic Sethekk Halls.

Clients must meet these minimum requirements:

1. Must be at least 70.
2. Must be Honored with Lower City

I am willing to negotiate the payment. I also want either OS 3D mount.

Please PST me in game or send me an in game letter if you wish to begin runs. Payment due on the first run.
Bahnek

Re: Selling Raven Lord Runs

Post by Bahnek »

Ummm......
Hmmm......

I'm all for folks making money... but generally you don't see this kind of thing between guildmates.
Just my take... maybe I'm too old school. I just get the feeling this kind of goes against the LoK Guild Doctrine... which doesn't cover your 'services' specifically... but, I feel, covers this sort of thing generally.

Apologies if my assumptions here are incorrect.
Dredg

Post by Dredg »

like I said, I'm willing to negotiate.

I've gotten offers of 15k before, and i'm just trying to raise some funds for my own chopper :-D
djinux

Post by djinux »

I just think you must be high if you are thinking anyone in their right mind is gonna give you that kind of gold up front.
Natoc

Post by Natoc »

Sory but i got to agree with Bahnel on this one . definately not in the nature of this guild
gio

Post by gio »

I don't know what this is but for the price it must be something that takes a lot of time/effort.

Asking a price is not a taboo.

Doesn't sound like he's asking 1000g to run Dire Maul...and if it's not easy to find someone willing to take the time/effort...
Willow

Post by Willow »

Not a lot of effort, just potentially a lot of time. The Raven Lord, Anzu, is a boss in Heroic Sethekk halls, summonable by a druid with a special item. Used to be you needed to kill him for swift flight form. This boss drops [item]Reins Of The Raven Lord[/item], a very desirable mount, even though it's only a land mount. I believe there is an achievement for it. From what I understand, it's got a pretty low drop rate, I've read people have done it close to 100 times with no luck. Of course, it could drop on your first run, who knows. But unlimited runs could mean a long, long time. I've read of people paying 100g/run. I think 10kg up front is asking a bit much. If it takes 100 runs, ok, but if it drops in 10? 100g per run seems more reasonable.

All that being said, and although it may not specifically be against guild rules to charge for such a thing, I think it's in bad form to do so within the guild. Just my two cents.
Willow

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
djinux

Post by djinux »

I agree with what others have said with respect to it just not being a good idea to try to make money off guildies. Sometimes they sneak tips in for enchants or gem cuts if I am not looking but in general I refuse to profit from guildies from my professions and this isn't exactly the same but nonetheless I think that using your guild as a source of funding is bad form. Actually I have caught a couple guildies tipping me and I usually try to mail the gold back 2 them.
Ascaron

Post by Ascaron »

While this is not something I would do personally, Let's not crucify Dredg for whta he is doing.

I honestly at first thought the post was a joke (10K for 'unlimited' runs - ha )

But - what he and another consenting player do is their business and if it involves money then that is that.

He isn't trying to charge for a 'needed' service or anything (potions made, gems cut etc) so it's 100% up to an individual to pay his 'fee'.

Personally I think anyone in this guild who wanted to do that could probably find a guildie that would help them for free as opposed to paying 10K gold.

My opinion is the 'unlimited' runs is a bit of a falsety as if lets say after 80 runs the thing doesnt drop that interest will probably wane and then did the person get what hte paid for? or what about a committment to be on EVERY single day to do this? Does this mean Dredg doesnt go on vacation EVER or can get sick until this person has their mount?

It's not something I would every pay for nor do I think its a smart deal to make, but it's a players choice to make it.
Sutures

Post by Sutures »

I agree with Ascaron. As this post is in the General area of our Forums its mainly meant to attract non-guild members as I see it. Basically its a like an advertisement on a public board.

Sutures