So.. when did you start playing WoW?

General Information. Open to the Public.

When Did You Start Playing WoW

Before it hit the stores... I was a beta tester!
18%
Walked the dusty paths of Original Azeroth!
68%
Came onboard for the Burning Crusade!
9%
Wandered into the Wrath of the Lich King!
5%

Total votes: 22

Bahnek

So.. when did you start playing WoW?

Post by Bahnek »

Just for fun... share with us....

When did you start playing WoW?

Smilies and Ale for those who share some memories of thier beginings.
Last edited by Bahnek on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bahnek

Re: So.. when did you start playing WoW?

Post by Bahnek »

I beta tested WoW just before it was released.

I only played a tiny bit the first couple of months after it hit the shelves. (I had been persuaded to play EQII by my Star Wars Galaxies guild that was moving to that game.) That didn't last too long though... and I have been happily trodding the dusty paths of Azeroth, and beyond, ever since. (I did take a short break of 2-3 months in the spring of '09... gave LotRO a shot)

I originally had an Undead Priest over on a PvP server, again with a group of friends, that had begun moving over from Dark Age of Camelot. I had played a healer in most of the other games I had played... and so I abandoned the priest when most of my friends moved on, or back to other games, just a couple of months later.

Deciding on a fresh start... I moved to Windrunner and rolled up my Warlock, which seemed a nice break from healing. He's been my main ever since... although I do have a level 80 Bear Tank (Mosswalker), 72 Holy Priest (Medikare), and a 72 Hunter (Lagerbelly) as well.... none of which ever holds my attention as much as Bahnek has over the course of time.
Ascaron

Post by Ascaron »

Since January 05 I believe was the year. Basically 1 or 2 months after release.
Keagan

Post by Keagan »

January 2nd, 2005 is when my 10 day guest pass started. Been playing ever since. So basically a little over a month after release.
Willow

Post by Willow »

January 4th, 2005. My older son, who was still in high school at the time, was a beta tester, and he played right from release, so I got to see a lot of it then, but I didn't think it would be a game I would enjoy. But he nagged at me til finally I gave it a try, and the rest, as they say, is history. Willow was my first character, and has become a part of me. I have too many other characters to mention, but the one I play the most, besides Willow, is my lvl 80 Troll rogue. My older son and his friend started their own guild, of which there really is only them, me, and then Sylva has a few hordies there also, not the least of which is a lvl 80 Orc hunter. I've made one of every race/class and the only things I never really enjoyed playing was a warrior and a paladin. Got my warrior to lvl 46, but my paladin only about lvl 16. I honestly never thought I'd be playing this long.
Willow

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
Miaraist

Post by Miaraist »

26th January 2005 :D Australia Day long weekend here and Shar had been playing for about 10 days. A friend who owned a gaming shop called MIA gaming was really excited about it and I kept sneaking onto Shar's account to see what in the world they were talking about. Even though I was hopeless and couldn't seem to even face the right way to hit things it was so enticing to keep coming back and do a little more. Shar bought me my own account to get me off his really and I was hooked!!!
djinux

Post by djinux »

I fought off the urge to play a game I had to continue to pay for a while after I started getting bothered by Chemosh's brother to join up for a few months. I did give in a little ways into BC as an alternative to watching TV as I sat around the house waiting for my wife to get off work. I started off fairly casually just leveling and doing what I could, then things started to go really bad in my marriage and I used Azeroth and the Lords of Karma family to escape how bad my real life was. It has since become a full time passion of mine and may have been a contributing factor in my hopefully soon to be finished Divorce. This game is not the single biggest issue that contributed to the failure of my marriage, however I would caution those of you that may have a marriage on the rocks that could be salvaged by giving up on WOW to take an honest look at that. Is this just and addiction for you?

Things I kind of wish I had thought about before, although my wife wasn't probably someone I could have stayed with long term just due to our underlying differences and her constant breaches of my trust, but I may not have had it go as bad as fast I don't know. But since the marriage is over and I am a long ways away from being able to take the leap of faith that a new relationship will be I am more than content to burn some time up with WOW while I work through getting my @#$% straight and getting to where I feel I can trust someone again.

The last year and a half or so I found something here that has really gotten me through some of the hardest parts of my life. I know to some of you this might sound pathetic but to others it is probably as real as it is for me. I feel like I belong to something here, a team, friends, whatever you might want to call our little community that we have put together it is one of the things in life that sustains me. I know that as part of repairing myself in the wake of a terrible breakup and divorce and what that has done to me the person I will eventually need to unplug a little, but for now I can't really see that in the near future.

I suppose if nothing more maybe this gives you guys a little insight into who I am and it might help some of you to understand me better I dont know. But it did feel good to write this.
Vlaudd

Post by Vlaudd »

A guy i worked with was always talking about WOW and the way the pvp system worked (old school days of needing to keep the kills high for ranks). So after a couple months of trying to figure out what was going on and why it was so popular i start playing. That was 11-2-05 and I have been playing ever since(not counting the 2-3 months after we moved). Over the years i think i have tried playing every class and have made it to 80 on several of them. Now you know a little bit more about me, the rest will stay locked in the "looney bin" for as long as i can keep it there (hahaha)

V