Please Dont Let Lucavian Read This

General Information. Open to the Public.
djinux

Please Dont Let Lucavian Read This

Post by djinux »

http://www.wow.com/2009/06/25/the-light ... he-paladin

Wow if you want to see a spec that looks to be getting all kinds of jacked by this patch go look at ret...

I hope it goes more smoothly than the writer seems to think it will but it doesn't look good for ret so far...
Gorwyn

Re: Please Dont Let Lucavian Read This

Post by Gorwyn »

It looks to me like Ret Pally's will be nerfed for pvp, but will be just fine in pve. More importantly, looks like Holy Pally's will finally get a boost. :)
- Bad decisions make for good stories!

djinux

Post by djinux »

Yes Gor Holy does look like it will do well and have its style shaken up a bit but for most pally healers I think the extra mechanics and tricks will be a welcome change..

I think Ret in PVE will be hurt but I am sure they will discover this during the PTR and make some sort of change to help the OOMadins out there. Also I will be interested to see how the change to seal of vengance plays out.

But of all of this the real winners today were those dogs the Protection Paladins. They seem to have done pretty well with all of these changes that I can see..
Aona

Post by Aona »

I think ret is getting hammered for PvE, but I don't know why. Crusader Strike is getting a big nerf with no reason why, Seal of Command is getting "fixed", but it won't do as much damage as Blood/martyr does now. So it's a nerf as well.

I just don't get it, yet Feral is getting a measly 2% nerf? They must be joking.

And don't even get me started on Beast Master Hunter "buffs". They are adding a buff to Kill Command on a talent nobody currently even uses. So, in order to get our "buff", we have to sacrifice 3 heavy hitting talents elsewhere.
Aona - Marksman Hunter
Axeal - Purdy DK tnak
Kymia - Protection Warrior and foot rest for the tall ones
Excellion

Post by Excellion »

A) Holy got nerfed, but gained a slight variation in play style.
B) Ret PVP burst lowered, Ret PVE getting shot down.
C) Aona, I say nerf your pet.
Excellion || Dropzone

The Death Knight formerly known as Sikyo...
Lazixoye

Post by Lazixoye »

It's definitely nerfing a bit in PVE also. With SoV being the new PVE seal, you literally have to wait for 5 stacks for the damage to really come out. So on all trash and quick fights, paladins fail. But when boss fights come along, it may even itself out. Yes, just even out. Still pretty upset with a lot of these unnecessary changes. Boo Blizzard.
Excellion

Post by Excellion »

I seriously doubt it will even it out, blood did a ton of pve dps, and i dont think Vengeance can fill that, besides, i think Command is supposed to be the new Blood seal.

Crusader Strike got owned, it took 2 seconds off of its cooldown right? for a big hit in damage.
Excellion || Dropzone

The Death Knight formerly known as Sikyo...
Lazixoye

Post by Lazixoye »

Yeah but they are adding 33% weapon damage while SoV is up, which is def a buff for that. So with 5 stacks of SoV up and an extra 33% dmg each hit, I only assumed that would be enough dmg to even it out. With the extra 33% it's a decent upgrade, guess only the dmg meters will tell. Yeah the crusader strike nerf was definitely not needed at all.
djinux

Post by djinux »

Here is another thing to consider whilst QQing about the Crusader Strike nerf.

Yes it is less powerful now but you will be using it more often.

Another thing yet mentioned is that Crusader Strike being used more frequently and the fact that for Exorcism to be cast you are almost going to have to wait for Art of War to use does something interesting to the class. It is a way that they can make it less desirable for you to use holy damage and bring more physical damage into your rotation. This does not surprise me in the least as they have itemized things quite heavily for armor pen. Armor pen is not exactly a prime stat that the class looks for right now because only auto attacks, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm really use physical damage with a bulk of the rest of the damage output holy damage. So this is pushing the class into a more physical damage based attack so that they can have a lot of the gear that is dropping these days more beneficial to the class.

my 2 copper about this... for now...
djinux

Post by djinux »

Lazixoye wrote:Yeah but they are adding 33% weapon damage while SoV is up, which is def a buff for that. So with 5 stacks of SoV up and an extra 33% dmg each hit, I only assumed that would be enough dmg to even it out. With the extra 33% it's a decent upgrade, guess only the dmg meters will tell. Yeah the crusader strike nerf was definitely not needed at all.

Dont forget the DOT component to SoV... I havent tested it with ret as of yet because blood is still in the game, but that DOT component will almost always be running and adding in some way possibly making up the difference for the rest of it..

They have been saying forever that they wanted to make Paladin DPS less bursty and more steady and this looks like a step in that direction.