Mumble

General Information. Open to the Public.
djinux

Mumble

Post by djinux »

So the wow.com freak that I am has lead me to bigcrits.com and they made mention of a package called
Mumble that is virtually the same thing as vent but supposedly has better latency and performance. I have pondered signing up for a server. It is only 10 bucks a month for a 50 user space. Id be fine with shouldering this cost if it is someething anyone else in LoK is interested in doing.
Elle

Re: Mumble

Post by Elle »

Mumble is what the guild was looking into when we first needed a new voice program. My husband was very leery of it, it being so new and all, which is why we volunteered to pay for vent for a year. It was free when it was being looked into. If it costs now, why not just stick to vent? Its known, and doesnt require folks to go download yet another thing onto their computers.
djinux

Post by djinux »

The reviews I saw seemed to be generally of the opinion that Mumble was in fact better than ventrilo thats why i was asking not that I have big issues with Vent just an idea looking for feedback... Plus its open source so we'd be more Uber geeks for using it
Zodan

Post by Zodan »

Dolby has a new voice client system out too, Axion or something like that.