For the Horde

General Information. Open to the Public.
djinux

For the Horde

Post by djinux »

So I have a few alt slots left that I haven't leveled up all the way. Namely a Rogue and Mage. I had a levle 20 or so rogue and a lvl 6 mage. I deleted them and do plan on seeing the Horde side quests/zones. So here is my idea. I am going to make an Undead Rogue and a Blood Elf Mage. This sound about right or are there other horde races that have a much better leveling experience?
Benediction

Re: For the Horde

Post by Benediction »

Well pretty much every race will have a vastly different leveling experience post cataclysm. You might wait till then?

Aside from that only Blood Elf for horde have very interesting questlines at the moment for their early levels since the BE zones were well designed with TBC. All the other races have super generic quests for early levels currently. And besides BE pretty much every horde race is forced to do the barrens because there aren't enough quests that aren't spread out over creation anywhere else. And by the time you're done with Barrens you're into neutral-ish homogeneous questing that you've already done with Alliance in zones like STV, Tanaris etc for the rest of your up to 60 leveling.

Honestly right now you're not missing anything with the 1-60 horde leveling. It starts to get much more interesting in Outland and Northrend where the questing is much more varied (in early zones anyway, by the end of both quest areas its mostly neutral and homogeneous).

Do a BE through Ghostlands and then just wait till Cata unless you like torture.

From a purely questing experence 1-60 you've not missed anything if you haven't leveled a horde up to this point.

I had a 80 troll rogue who is now a gnome rogue and still have a 72 orc warrior who will probably be my Cataclysm horde guy...unless I work on a goblin shaman to see all the old world stuff. I've seen it all on both sides.
Jackfruit

Post by Jackfruit »

BE and UD have the best starting quests/areas imo - BE being the most colorful and fun. Don't level in Tauren starting area (Mulgore) as it is the worst place horde or ally lol. Lots and lots and lots of running. Personally, I think that BE mages are the prettiest, but Trolls have the best racials for mage (Beserk).

Let me know if you ever need help - I have a 60 UD priest on horde side that I've had parked since TBC was released lol.
The only difference between a dream and a goal, is a deadline.
djinux

Post by djinux »

I rolled an Undead rogue because I wasn't abe to find anywhere where people suggested trolls were enough superior to Undead to warrant looking at those horrible ugly models.