Horde Transfers

General Information. Open to the Public.
djinux

Horde Transfers

Post by djinux »

I think I heard something in passing on vent tonight about the possibility that Blizzard might open up cross faction transfers and allow you to keep your class but select a new race? Is this true? I may have misunderstood or heard someone making a joke and not realized it, but i think if this does become possible at some point I will be the proud owner of a Tauren Shaman...
Bahnek

Re: Horde Transfers

Post by Bahnek »

Seems to be a tidbit of information at mmo-champion.com

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/98951297 ... works.html
Bridelm

Post by Bridelm »

djinux

Post by djinux »

Well I guess this does kind of bring up an interesting question then.

If/When this service becomes available What is the general feeling of transitioning Lords of Karma to the horde side?

I guess from my point of view I would love to have a tauren shaman but I do like my draenei too... But if enough people were heading horde side I would definitely follow..
Bahnek

Post by Bahnek »

No such thing as a "Free Lunch" as the saying goes... I'm betting $15.00 -$25.00 per character to transfer... if and when it becomes a reality.
Aona

Post by Aona »

Small things to keep in mind:

Windrunner seems to be alliance heavy, so switching to horde will probably be easier. The "rules" they speak of probably include that fact that if one faction really out-weighs another, they probably won't allow switching 'til it evens out.

While they haven't said anything about paying to change your race, isn't this kind of in the same ball park? I mean, obviously you can't be a horde Night Elf, so you'd have to choose a new race. But there are a ton of us who would love to change our race. I HATE being a Night Elf, but I made my hunter before BC and don't want to level a draenei to replace her. If I could pay $25 to change her to a draenei, I would.

But here's the thing, if they won't allow same-faction race changing with this, couldn't you just switch to horde, then switch back and choose another alliance race? I mean, there's probably a nasty waiting period after each "transfer", but people might actually do it just for that. So why not just add the feature and be done with it? Let's face it, heavily changing the race balance isn't going to affect our raiding ability all that much. And with the idea of getting rid of "parties" in a raid and eventually making ALL buffs share across the raid, what's it matter if you have 1 draenei or 25 for the hit rating racial?

Please please please, shadowmeld still sucks, let me be draenei! :(
Aona - Marksman Hunter
Axeal - Purdy DK tnak
Kymia - Protection Warrior and foot rest for the tall ones
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

I'd only transfer to horde if it was a guild wide thing. I love gnomes too much, but I could be persuaded to play a Tauren. I also imagine race changes being not too far behind. Blizz is pretty predictable as far as these things go. PVE -> PVP transers, sex changes, plastic surgery, etc...
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Bahnek

Post by Bahnek »

I just can't see Bahnek as anything but a Gnome. The only Whorde side race I like is Tauren..and they can't be Warlocks. I do have some alts I might consider taking over to the dark side... something to ponder I suppose.
Ascaron

Post by Ascaron »

Whilst I prefer the horde side to the alliance side. (You don't get all the BS in the trade channel (just a small amount) for example) and I prefer the races over on the horde side:

The biggest problem I see with xfering to the horde side is that with the super low population it's economy suffers. You do a scan of the horde AH and it takes 10 minutes. Do a scan of the alliance AH and it takes 45 minutes. Big difference there.

Things tend to be a lot more expensive on the horde side as well.

Plus anytime you transfer a guild you typically tend to cut that guild in half. (across servers and the what not)

So we would have to take any thoughts of transferring horde with some pretty serious precaution.
Gorwyn

Post by Gorwyn »

I for one have no interest in transferring any of my toons even if it was possible and did not cost anything. Not sure why we would consider unnecessary aggravations.

- Gor
- Bad decisions make for good stories!