6th Anniversary

General Information. Open to the Public.
Benediction

6th Anniversary

Post by Benediction »

Next week is the 6th Anniversary of WoW and it's going to be in-game on the 23rd:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1327 ... nniversary

Log in and get a feat. According to Blue there will be no anniversary pet this year.

But that's ok because you'll be able to buy a new one in the store for $10.00! That totally makes up for it, right?

Right?

:furious:

Anyway, next week is also the Pilgrims Bounty holiday and barring any unforseen delays it looks like 4.0.3a will be next week, so get anything done now that you still need to before the world goes bye bye. Though I've seen speculation too that it could be the 30th since that'd put it only one week before Cata and it would avoid dorking up Pilgrims Bounty and all the holiday stuff. Either way finish your crap.

And no real events for the change; sadly you'll log out one night and the next morning *poof* new world.

EDIT: Oh, for some odd reason; the Feat will be awarded for logging in between Nov 30th and Dec 14th. :inpain:

Sooooo....yeah.
Toy

Re: 6th Anniversary

Post by Toy »

The profit from the buy-able pet goes to charity.
Alba gu Bràth!
Benediction

Re: 6th Anniversary

Post by Benediction »

I suspect, like the Pandaren Monk, the charity portion of the sales will only fall into a small window of time and after that all proceeds go to Blizzard.

And even then like the monk, only 50% of the profit will go to charity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not downplaying any charitable contributions. That is always a good thing, even if the company is still profiting from it.

But the company is still profiting from it.