Saltypepper, lvl 80 Shadow Priest

Come here to inquire about guild recruitment. Open to the Public.
saltypepper1

Saltypepper, lvl 80 Shadow Priest

Post by saltypepper1 »

Character Information
1. Main Character Name with Link to WoW Armory:
Saltypepper
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... altypepper
2. Real Life Age:
21 (4/22/1988)
3. Class of your Main:
Priest
4a. Primay Spec of your Main:
Shadow - (13/0/58)
4b. Secondary Spec of your Main:
Holy - Varies
5. Professions and Level:
Tailoring 403 (still leveling it)
Leatherworking (350-for BC I picked this up for raid utility)

Alts are not allowed until the main is promoted to a member level.

Guild Information
1. Have you read and will abide by the Guild Doctrine?
Yes I have read the Doctrine as well as the other information available on the website.
2. What are your previous/current guild(s) and why did/do you want to leave?
I am currently unguilded. I was in Dreamwhisper back in December of last year ('08), but I had some problems with my major at school due to me transferring that required me to pick up several additional classes and this forced me to stop playing. I have since caught back up entirely in school and expect to graduate in May!
3. List the names of people you know from Lords of Karma who would vouch for you:
Sutures-I ran with him at any given opportunity wen he tanked full time and he was doing well. I am positive that he will have only goo things to say about me.
4. Are you a real life friend or family member of a current member of Lords of Karma?
No I am not.
5. What do you feel you can bring to Lords of Karma?
I feel that I have a wide variety of knowledge for any caster class, as I raided with a warlock in classic as well as BC, then my guild needed a Shadow priest( because they quit) and I already had one at lvl 50ish. I switched and LOVE the class. I know the class front and back and even though I have been out of the game for a year, I have since done a lot of research on the new buffs etc. for the class. As a shadow priest I obviously work well with warlocks, as we compliment each others' damage and viability significantly. I also believe that skill>>>gear and Sutures will no doubt advocate my ability.

For Applicants who wish to Raid

Computer Rig Information
1. Do you have Ventrilo and a Mic?
I do have ventrilo and I have a mic that is being mailed to me as we speak-It should arrive within a week.
2. Does your computer have latency issues, lock-up, or crash a lot while playing Warcraft?
My computer runs around 200 latency most of the time and my graphics etc are fine. Obviously there are those random times when server lags out.
3. What mods do you use? (specific to raiding - e.g. DBM, Recount, Omen, etc)
I actually wished to speak with someone about the mods that the guild as a whole uses so that I can adapt. I am exeprience in using decursive, omen, castbar, quartz, deadly boss mods, dotimer, cd tracker, etc.

Raiding Information
1. Are you able to attend raids on these days and time (Tues 6-9 server, Weds 6:30-9, Fri 7-9)? Please note that raids can go past scheduled times.
They are perfect for me.
2. I cannot raid raid on these days and time:
I am available most any evening after 3:30 ish, but I do work part time and sometimes do not get home until 5:00.
3. Will you be able to maintain a MINIMUM of 70% raid attendance? (or whatever % is decided on)
I plan on making 100% attendance-I am a very serious raider looking to get back in the habit. I believe that having a relatively stable/core group is a great asset to have when experiencing new content.
4. What is your raiding experience? Are you familiar with the content we will be raiding? For example, knowledge of Ulduar, Vault of Archavon bosses, etc. (please specify 10-man and 25-man).
I have raided nearly everything vanilla, absolutely everything in BC, and I have done 10 and 25 man naxx, malycgos, sartharion and obsidian sanctum. anything post 3.1 I have not yet exeprienced (meaning uld, togc, icc).
5. Do you have a good grasp of your class? Have you read forums and done the research to ensure you play at the highest level?
Absolutely, in my off time I keep up with a few websites on a regular basis-including shadowpriest.com and I intently follow a simcraft/theorycraft Spriest from guild KGB (another server). He does a LOT of work for every update and patch.
6. Will you come prepared to raids with the appropriate consumables (food, flask etc) and on time? If you are unable to make it or if you are going to be late, please leave a note on the guild forums
Being late should never be a problem and yes, I will come fully prepared as that is essential for raiding success.

I also feel that if I am in question after Sutures vouches and my application, I am more than willing to run a few heroics or 10 mans including content that is new to me to prove that I adapt quickly, learn from mistakes, strive for perfection, and I know how to live and not stand in fire on the ground....
totemed

Re: Saltypepper, lvl 80 Shadow Priest

Post by totemed »

Hiya Saltypepper, thank you for submitting your application. I should be on most of the day Saturday so maybe we can hit a few heroics to give you a test drive :)