Nightamber - Deathknight

Come here to inquire about guild recruitment. Open to the Public.
Nightamber

Nightamber - Deathknight

Post by Nightamber »

Character Information
1. Main Character Name with Link to WoW Armory:
Nightamber
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Nightamber
2. Real Life Age: Female over 35, 'nuff said! :-)
3. Class of your Main: Deathknight
4a. Primary Spec of your Main:
DPS, Unholy
4b. Secondary Spec of your Main: For my unholy DPS have some pts. in blood.
For dual spec, I have a Frost tank: Working on gear & skills.
5. Professions and Level: Herbs 450, Alchemy 440
Alts are not allowed until the main is promoted to a member level.
(Okay, have noob 80 priest: shadow/holy, very raw.)

Guild Information
1. Have you read and will abide by the Guild Doctrine? Yes. I like it!
2. What are your previous/current guild(s) and why did/do you want to leave?
No current guild. Prior: Immortal Beloved from different server -- I am working on my frost emblem armor now; one day at a time (i.e. verrry slow!). Despite plenty of 80's, mainly social guild had no scheduled raids, and no all guild 5 randoms except as seemed to be run between long-time members. Nice people, but I need to progress in game and am looking for a guild that raids and is nice to boot.
3. List the names of people you know from Lords of Karma who would vouch for you: None.
4. Are you a real life friend or family member of a current member of Lords of Karma? No.
5. What do you feel you can bring to Lords of Karma?
I am a courteous, supportive, good-natured person that likes to keep things light and fun, but am focused when doing runs and quests on getting the job done. I like to assist others (i.e., I'll be glad to run your alt through DM) and not a ninja or a loot-quibbler. I don't like excessive cussing, don't like to squabble, have no discernible ego and don't sulk or look to blame anyone if we all wipe. I take advice gratefully, wish to become better all the time and focus on following group leader's instructions. I am told that my gear score is decent for someone that solo's all the time and I am eager to find a guild that raids and will give me a chance to run with them.

For Applicants who wish to Raid

Computer Rig Information
1. Do you have Ventrilo and a Mic? Yes. I also have Vista and have had trouble moving from Ventrilo's lobby to another channel, but anyone that is an administrator can drag me over. Still investigating problem that developed in last Vent update.
2. Does your computer have latency issues, lock-up, or crash a lot while playing Warcraft? No, not a lot. Usually just whenever everyone else has a problem.
3. What mods do you use? (specific to raiding - e.g. DBM, Recount, Omen, etc) DBM (my lifesaver!). X-perl (has threat info.). Have Recount & Omen loaded, but never use.

Raiding Information
1. Are you able to attend raids on these days and time (Tues 6-9 server, Weds 6:30-9, Fri 7-9)? Please note that raids can go past scheduled times.
Get home after 6 p.m., willing to dedicate 4-5 hours to do raids.
2. I cannot raid raid on these days and time:
Can't do anything that starts at 6 p.m., so that would be Tuesday
3. Will you be able to maintain a MINIMUM of 70% raid attendance? (or whatever % is decided on).
As long as it starts at 6:30 p.m. on weeknights (and I am not asked to work OT, which is very rare) and any time on weekends, I am 100 percent there.
4. What is your raiding experience? Are you familiar with the content we will be raiding? For example, knowledge of Ulduar, Vault of Archavon bosses, etc. (please specify 10-man and 25-man).
Have limited raiding experience as no guilds I have been in have done more than Naxx and a few 10-man forays into Ulduar for specific bosses. Have never completely cleared Naxx as former guilds avoided some quarters.
5. Do you have a good grasp of your class? Have you read forums and done the research to ensure you play at the highest level?
I am always looking to improve. Have changed spec several times with patches, seeking to produce best DPS. Read forums and websites and ask better players of my class for tips when appropriate.
6. Will you come prepared to raids with the appropriate consumables (food, flask etc) and on time?
Absolutely!
If you are unable to make it or if you are going to be late, please leave a note on the guild forums. Okay.
meanwarlock

Re: Nightamber - Deathknight

Post by meanwarlock »

Hey Nightamber. Ill say thanks for the interest in LoK! If you can catch me on ill would gladly run a few things with you. I'm sure someone will be getting a hold of you soon if they haven't already.
Nightamber

Post by Nightamber »

Thanks, Meanwarlock! I realize DK's aren't always the most desired DPS on the block and I appreciate the reply. I'll keep an eye out fer yew.

Nightamber
meanwarlock

Post by meanwarlock »

Nightamber found me in dal and seemed to have a really good attitude and the willingness to learn and listen.
Zodan

Post by Zodan »

Nightamber wrote:Thanks, Meanwarlock! I realize DK's aren't always the most desired DPS on the block and I appreciate the reply. I'll keep an eye out fer yew.

Nightamber
This is totally the wrong attitude for a death knight. (but maybe the right one for an app).

Once you are in you can go all Col. Jessup on em, aka YOU NEED ME ON THAT SAURFANG, etc etc.
elrad
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post by elrad »

Sorry for the delay Nightamber. I'll try to get with you in game asap. Thanks for the interest:)
djinux

Post by djinux »

Zodan wrote:
Nightamber wrote:Thanks, Meanwarlock! I realize DK's aren't always the most desired DPS on the block and I appreciate the reply. I'll keep an eye out fer yew.

Nightamber
This is totally the wrong attitude for a death knight. (but maybe the right one for an app).

Once you are in you can go all Col. Jessup on em, aka YOU NEED ME ON THAT SAURFANG, etc etc.

She has evidently never brought the kind of DPS an Elemental Shaman brings to a raid before if she says DK DPS isn't desirable lol...
Nightamber

Post by Nightamber »

Thanks for the input all!
I'm just one of those shy, mild-mannered DK's, that happens to enjoy ... killing things ....
meanwarlock

Post by meanwarlock »

^^^

think we need pics ^_^ hehe
Zodan

Post by Zodan »

djinux wrote:
Zodan wrote:

Nightamber

She has evidently never brought the kind of DPS an Elemental Shaman brings to a raid before if she says DK DPS isn't desirable lol...
Hey well, they scale up quickly...and just kind of level off. Forever.