Northern Florida

Jokes / Videos / Anything interesting thats non-wow
gio

Northern Florida

Post by gio »

Does anyone live in Northern Florida? Wes and I are flying to Orlando Oct 7 and looking at the lay of the land near Jacksonville to see if we want to live there.

Be fun to meet up with online friends!

Kat
Harvin

Re: Northern Florida

Post by Harvin »

I went to school in Gainesville (~1.5 hours north of Orlando) and there really is not much up there. Jacksonville is the only "big" city and it is just an oversized military town. If you are in the military, then Jacksonville may be a good spot, but if you are not in the military, and not really fond of military towns, you would want to avoid it.

Of course, you could move to Gainesville and invite me to your house for every home Gator football game. I'll buy the beer!
gio

Post by gio »

I visited Gainsville in January (friends live in Newberry) and thought it was a nice area...not too big but had enough to keep you entertained.
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

Definitely not too big. Summers are a bit brutal with the warm weather and lack of breeze (inland instead of on the coast) but spring and fall are VERY nice. I try and make it down to Gainesville once a year to catch a Gator game ... such fond memories. ;)
icehammer

Post by icehammer »

I lived in the orlando area for 12 years and spent a great deal of time in northern florida. very rednecky but so am i. If you are good with redneckery(lots of beer, hunting, fishing, and cousin chasin) then you will love it. other than that not much going on but it is a much nicer place to live than southern florida
Bridelm

Post by Bridelm »

Isn't Alaska the redneck land in the North anyways?
gio

Post by gio »

There are no rednecks here!

Just mountain men (and women) and bush pilots...and a few Eskimos like me :P