Heroics; Achievements and Farming.

General Information. Open to the Public.
PsiRadius

Heroics; Achievements and Farming.

Post by PsiRadius »

With the release of patch3.2 on the horizon individuals like myself and others have finally been given a reason to go back to good ol' fashion 5-man content. With the upcoming changes we will be able to purchase Epic quality gems for 15 Emblems of Heroism. Additionally, when 3.2 is released the Emblems being dropped in heroics will change to being Emblems of Conquest(?). There's also quite a few achievements and a few mounts to be found along the path of the Heroics Farmer.

So, here's my plan;
Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will spend a good portion of the day running heroics and get achievements done. I'm looking for people who'd like to do the same. A good place to start is by looking at your Glory of the Hero(GotH) achievement and see what you might be missing in order to get your Red Proto Drake. Additionally, there's instances that are known for being cleared fast.

Get your research done! Help me help you to help us!!

What I'm looking for in a reply post;
Information on instances. How fast can each be cleared without a wipe? Are there achievements? Loot? Any technical information applicable?
Information on players. What times could you join? Where are you at on (GotH)? Class aspects? How committed could you be (i.e. once a day, once a week; more or less)?

Here's a screenshot of my GotH progression. Let's get some of them done!
My summoning abilities are limited to Strudels, apparently.
Rewards without Challenges would be Meaningless.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Sqeeks

Re: Heroics; Achievements and Farming.

Post by Sqeeks »

Hey Sqeeky wouldn't mind tanking a couple of these. I need about half or more of the GotH acheivements. :( The day would be better because The Govenator messed up the economy so I couldn't get a job this summer, and most of my nights are spent out, (You're only young once ;) ) So daytime PST would be fantastic. As for my commitment... That depends on when the actual times are but most of my days are spent gaming, maybe helping pick up the house so the parental figure doesn't think I gamed all day, but yeah mostly gaming. :P
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
djinux

Post by djinux »

I really like the quick easy heroic runs especially if I can get a piece of t 8.5 from it.

I would do those runs on a couple of my toons. I could tank em on my pally or dps/heal them on my Shammy. I would rather take my shammy but whatever...
PsiRadius

Post by PsiRadius »

Summary Post

Quick Clears (30minutes or less); H-Occ, H-CoS, H-AN

Easy Clears (No challenge, easy Emblems); H-VH

Please post any additional information and suggestions about dungeons.
My summoning abilities are limited to Strudels, apparently.
Rewards without Challenges would be Meaningless.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Ascaron

Post by Ascaron »

I want to do lots of heroics.

(mage now ) (priest soon)
Sekond

Post by Sekond »

I still need quite a few achievements, so if I'm on and you need a healer or a crappy shadow priest, I'm up for it. I wouldn't mind getting some better shadow gear. My plus hit is only 41 lol.
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

I'm not very bright so sometimes I need things spelled out to me. Once 3.2 is released, 5-man heroics will drop Emblems of Conquest, ok, got it. What I don't understand is if that really is a big deal? I was looking at the items available to purchase using Emblems of Conquest, and there really are not that many at all. I can get the t8.5 helm and chest, and a nice neck piece, but other than that, nothing impressive. Are there going to be more items available to purchase using Emblems of Conquest? Will the other t8.5 items also be available for purchase? If that is true, then I could see the excitement.

But, to answer the original post, I'd love to run heroics, but I only can play in the evenings so I'll have to sit out of your all-day heroic farming party. :(
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Harvin, (Newkastle too btw I think?) You can still trade down the tiers, so even if there isn't any Conquest items that you'd like, there might be valor stuff you might want to use. So it basically includes conquest, valor, and heroism all in one badge.

I haven't seen the items myself though, so just going on the badge question. :)
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Arlock

Post by Arlock »

I'd be game for heroics. I need to read up on the proposed changes but from what you've described it looks promising. Count me in.
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

Sqeeks wrote:Harvin, (Newkastle too btw I think?) You can still trade down the tiers, so even if there isn't any Conquest items that you'd like, there might be valor stuff you might want to use. So it basically includes conquest, valor, and heroism all in one badge.

I haven't seen the items myself though, so just going on the badge question. :)
Yes, Harvin=Newkastle.
I should have specified, I don't see much gear from any emblems that are better than what I have (mostly Naxx25 stuff). As Psi said, epic gems maybe the only thing, but that doesn't seem that big of a deal. ?shrug, who knows.

Part of me does like to get those achievements though. Just yesterday I entered Hellfire Ramparts and Blood Furnace solo to a) see if I could clear them solo and b) get the achievements. BTW, no problem soloing those instances. I wonder how many BC instances I can solo ...