New and Improved Interface

General Information. Open to the Public.
Excellion

New and Improved Interface

Post by Excellion »

So, as most of you have known, my FPS in 25 mans has caused me to not really enjoy raiding anymore. I was thinking of just buying a whole new computer, or getting some ram and a video card (which I still should).

However, until that happens, I kept thinking there must be something that I could do to help without paying for anything. 3-5 FPS with every setting as low as possible, just did not seem right to me at all.

I deleted my WTF/Interface folder and started completely new, however I am using almost all of the same addons, with a couple more actually. I also uninstalled AVG Free, which I could never figure out how to completely disable during raids. Because of this, my FPS in 25 mans has jumped to 20 during boss fights, and raiding is now a lot more fun, getting to experience the fight without a choppy screen is like a whole new instance, can anyone say Hodir?

I'm not completely sure who I can credit the improved performance to, new interface, or deleting AVG Free, but whatever it was, im glad!

My new interface:
New UI - make sure you view it at full scale, and not minimized.

Addons I use:
1. ForteXorcist - Those are all the bars you see above my unit frames, keeps track of everything I need, I will never raid without it from now on if possible. Not usually that many bars at a time, that was the test mode. When something finishes, it fades in a smooth way, looks awesome.
2. Pitbull - Unit Frames, highly customizable, but a lot of configuring to do.
3. Bartender - Action Bars, in my opinion, Bartender > Dominos by a mile.
4. Skada - Damage/Threat meter - Completely modular, so it doesnt eat up memory, I only have the damage and threat enabled, however, healers can have healing...tanks damage taken...etc - Way more accurate than recount, and is a lot less memory intensive.
5. SexyMap - Minimap - The addon buttons are hidden unless i move my cursor to the minimap, doesn't look all cluttered, and the skin (which sexymap has a lot) looks awesome.
6. Chatter - Just an overall chat mod, makes the chat box way better.
7. Quartz - Casting Bars...customizable to look clean and smooth, like my Unit frames, I like them short and wide..makes it look better in my opinion.
8. DBM - Raid Warnings/Announcements for Boss fights...a must have for any LoK raider imo.
9. OmniCC - adds the number of seconds/minutes left until you can use the ability, to the ability, on your action bar. Heavily useful.

My rune bar is off to the side on top of my minimap. I just hate the way Blizzard's look, but at the same time I don't need it. Included with ForteXorcist, is the bar you see right above my unit frames, the one with the hearthstone and horn of winter icon...that tracks my cooldowns, as well as when my runes come off cooldown. I also don't use any runic power addons.

Just thought i'd share with you :)
Excellion || Dropzone

The Death Knight formerly known as Sikyo...
Cyberfalcon

Re: New and Improved Interface

Post by Cyberfalcon »

Things I'd like to say:

1. Looks like a great funtional UI, gratz on the FPS issue.

2. If you are into aesthetics, then you should play around with kgpanels ( it causes no lag at all ), and you might as well look into DogTags for pitbull (advanced modder stuff).

3. According to your list, I don't see any combat mods, and I suggest Parrot ( which takes time getting used to, and is made by the same guy who made pitbull ).

Other than those points, gratz :lol:

EDIT: You mentioned addons not being aligned, the you should lol get Align ( makes a grid to fit your screen and align everything).
The AddOn Master.
Excellion

Post by Excellion »

Hmm, I dont think i mentioned problems with aligning

I was under the impression kgpanels caused some lag, if not i'll definitely have to try it out.

and Yah, I dont have any combat text mods yet. I couldnt use one previously, due to FPS. So i'll have to check it out in a raid soon to see how it affects my FPS.
Excellion || Dropzone

Ober

Post by Ober »

If you are in search for a new anti-virus/anti-spyware program that is easy on resources and has a really high detection/prevention ratio, I would recommend Vipre. You can buy a homesite license for like 30-40$ and install it on all of your systems. If you do decide to get it, avoid the 9$ special offer for firewall... it works a little to well to the point it becomes a hassle.

I was a big fan of SCT dmg mod by greywolf, but no longer supports it. Parrot was a decent alternative but just to busy for my taste w/ DBM.
Cyberfalcon

Post by Cyberfalcon »

Well I decided for remake my UI again, in attempt to increase framerates, set fans speed to a crazy 6000 RPM, set a maximum of 40 FPS etc...fine tuning stuff.

This UI is a Hybrid between Caith UI and LoUI
Solo:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii27 ... 172314.jpg

Raid:
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii27 ... 172651.jpg
The AddOn Master.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Now I thought this might be the place to ask instead of a new forum in the UI thread, but is that set up (where you both have the top pretty clear, and the middle bottom where most everything is.) just for space at the top? I've messed around with my UI a bit before but after the wotlk beta it was hard to go back from the stock UI.

I'm kind of interested with messing around with my UI again if ya haven't noticed. :P
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Excellion

Post by Excellion »

I don't know...i like everything at the bottom, as the middle and top is where most of the stuff happens, like fighting the boss, or people running around in PVP. It just makes it nice and smooth.
Excellion || Dropzone

Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

I play in the first person, so stuff happens everywhere. Also, what would you suggest for someone who doesn't own a keyboard.
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.