Forum category Poll

General Information. Open to the Public.

Expand the Category Forums?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Yes
44%
No
44%
Don't Care!
11%

Total votes: 9

Ober

Forum category Poll

Post by Ober »

Would you like me to have the forum categories such as Guild/Class Roles/Members expanded for you or is it fine the way it is?
Sqeeks

Re: Forum category Poll

Post by Sqeeks »

I am a little confused about the question. Do you mean like have them showing before you click? Personally I like having to click because it's like the WoW forums, but it's not too big a deal if they aren't.
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Ober

Post by Ober »

I prefer clicking as well, just wasn't sure if anyone else was annoyed by having to expand them.
Cyberfalcon

Post by Cyberfalcon »

Yeah I think you should look at the official wow forums and tv old ones to see how you should divide up these forums into categories.
Last edited by Cyberfalcon on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The AddOn Master.
djinux

Post by djinux »

I would like to see individual class forums.

I wanted to create one called Totem Talk for Samans but I couldnt really decide if that was more appropriate in DPS or Healing as a role.

It would make sense to me for shamans in general to have a less specific place to talk about the class without putting it in either of those categories.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

djinux wrote:I would like to see individual class forums.

I wanted to create one called Totem Talk for Samans but I couldnt really decide if that was more appropriate in DPS or Healing as a role.

It would make sense to me for shamans in general to have a less specific place to talk about the class without putting it in either of those categories.
I was really strong about the class-type forums (the way they are now.) but I can see how this is weird for classes like you. Hmm...
djinux

Post by djinux »

Sqeeks wrote:
djinux wrote:I would like to see individual class forums.

I was really strong about the class-type forums (the way they are now.) but I can see how this is weird for classes like you. Hmm...

Classes like me? ok so I can Heal or DPS... has it managed to completely escape your attention that warriors are hybrids too? you can Tank or DPS... so YOU are just like me in this here man....
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Well I would either have a question about tanking or doing DPS which I would post in the appropriate forums. If I had a threat or tank gear question, it would go in the tank forums. However your totem question can overlap mainly different styles of play. My styles of play do not overlap.
djinux

Post by djinux »

Sqeeks wrote:Well I would either have a question about tanking or doing DPS which I would post in the appropriate forums. If I had a threat or tank gear question, it would go in the tank forums. However your totem question can overlap mainly different styles of play. My styles of play do not overlap.

however in a general warrior tanking thread someone that might not tank could have something to offer as to class mechanics in general that would be appropriate for all warriors...

But to scratch the itch of overlapping or not.. Did you ever read Erandus's post on the Unrelenting Assault tanking build? that seemed to have some overlap in there...
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Well most of my ideas had to do with the fact that we don't seem to have a lot of certain classes, so like... The hunter forums would have about one or two people, while in the tank forums I could post a warrior tanking question, where I could get the input from my fellow warriors, but if the pallies and druids felt the need to chime in they could.