Selling Raven Lord Runs

General Information. Open to the Public.
Bahnek

Re: Selling Raven Lord Runs

Post by Bahnek »

I must just be too old, or care too much about how this sort of thing looks to other people, or how LoK might be perceived with this sort of thing on our 'public' areas of the message boards.

As is evident some will find it distasteful, others really won't care, and still more will think it is just fine.

My assumptions that this strayed from the guild doctrine have been shown to be incorrect, and so I will wish Dredg well in his endeavors and hope it is clear I never intended this to be a personal attack whatsoever.

Cheers!
Willow

Post by Willow »

I didn't mean this to be an attack on Dredg either. All I was getting at is exactly what Ascaron said in his post. There are probably guildies who would do this run for free, just to help others out, and I think that's what guildies do, or should do, for each other. I don't think we should try to turn a profit from our family, and to me, that's what the guild is. There are thousands of other players out there to profit from.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, I'm sorry if I caused any hard feelings, I didn't intend that. And it's not real money, so I guess as long as it's not against guild doctrine, and if someone is willing, I do agree that what two consenting players do between themselves is their business ;) ;)
Willow

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
djinux

Post by djinux »

Willow wrote:I didn't mean this to be an attack on Dredg either. All I was getting at is exactly what Ascaron said in his post. There are probably guildies who would do this run for free, just to help others out, and I think that's what guildies do, or should do, for each other. I don't think we should try to turn a profit from our family, and to me, that's what the guild is. There are thousands of other players out there to profit from.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, I'm sorry if I caused any hard feelings, I didn't intend that. And it's not real money, so I guess as long as it's not against guild doctrine, and if someone is willing, I do agree that what two consenting players do between themselves is their business ;) ;)

Profit from family, Believe you me if my brother played this game I would be ripping him off all the time lol...
Dredg

Post by Dredg »

good sirs and madams

While you may blast me for my original post let's be a little sympathetic:

1. it took me two months alone to farm my own raven lord. to date, i've seen a total of 5 drops from my moonstone alone. I know how long it takes to farm the instance [10 mins a day, 5 if you stealth].

2. My offer is not to be held under any guild banner. it is a neutral proposal from one druid to all non-druids. I agree with Ascaron in light of that this is not a 'needed' service. I am not selling flasks, food, recipies or mats - I am selling my dedication and assistance in obtaining a mount that nobody but druids can summon.

Let me try to put this in a different light: Lets say an engineer makes a thread offering a Chopper at 17.5k, being 12.5k for the mats and 5k for the farming/labor of the mats. would you blast him? Is it not fair to pay for the engineer only mats and then compensate him for his time and labor of farming the rest of the mats from ore and elementals?

I cannot sell my time, because anyone can clear TO anzu. What I can sell is my moonstone cooldown. If the mount dropped every day, every druid would have a price on their moonstone CD. Since it is a less than 1% drop that can only be accessed by one class, I am offering a continuous dedication to use my moonstone cooldown every day [give or take] on nobody else. Since the mount could be procc'd today or 10 months from now, there is no definite way to accurately determine the mount's worth.

Charging by the run does not retain interest of the customer and is dishonest. With such a low drop rate, the gamble of even a modest price of 50g a run would progressively wear the consumer down. As he sees his gold supply dwindle, he will discontinue the service. My model ensures continuous service and a risk free experience. Clients can cancel any time they want and will never have to risk a copper of their money.

Since nobody has dared put a price on such a near-fruitless endeavor, I have volunteered to start. I believe with full resolution that the Raven Lord mount is worth 10,000g or more, given it's rarity, demand and the unpredictable effort to continuous runs on behalf of the druid, who will ultimately not benefit from continuous runs if the druid already has the mount.

I am not selling runs, that is the selling gimmick. I sell continuous moonstone procs leading up to the mount. I understand and am fully aware that many of you will look at the price and think i've lost my mind. At the time of this post I will be happy to reveal that I have reeled in not one, but three players who absolutely without a question think my service is fair and the price reasonable. This service is not for everyone. This mount, with the exception of druids, is a rare luxury, not an entitlement in my humble opinion. I may be the first of the druid community to do this openly, and I hold no shame in putting a price on what only we can access.