Benediction - Paladin

Come here to inquire about guild recruitment. Open to the Public.
Benediction

Benediction - Paladin

Post by Benediction »

1. Main Character Name with Link to WoW Armory:
Benediction
2. Real Life Age:
3. Class of your Main:
Paladin
4a. Primay Spec of your Main:
Protection
4b. Secondary Spec of your Main:
Retribution
5. Professions and Level:
Blacksmith - 450
Mining - 450

Guild Information
1. Have you read and will abide by the Guild Doctrine?
Yep
2. What are your previous/current guild(s) and why did/do you want to leave?
Current guild is just an alt guild for a few RL friends. My last real guild on Windrunner was Cult of the Plush Gnome. They were some good folks but the GM was a bit too fanatical in regards to how you can think and act in the guild. In fact the final straw for me was him literally saying that he was in his rights to dictate how people could think if they were in his guild. I don't hold it against the guild though, they were good folks for the most part I just don't have the time or patience in a game I play to enjoy myself for that sort of attitude. I'm all for a respectful and peaceful guild atmosphere and I think it's fine to expect certain levels of maturity from members to avoid drama or other stupid crap. But his attitude was just too much for me.
3. List the names of people you know from Lords of Karma who would vouch for you:
I don't know anyone in the guild personally except for a new recruit Baore who I've been friends with for years.
4. Are you a real life friend or family member of a current member of Lords of Karma?
See above.
5. What do you feel you can bring to Lords of Karma?
A quality player who hate drama and egos but still plays to the best of my ability regardless of my role or character. I don't think people should make the game their life; but if they're playing a game with others they should at least make the effort to be their best.

For Applicants who wish to Raid

Computer Rig Information
1. Do you have Ventrilo and a Mic?
Yep
2. Does your computer have latency issues, lock-up, or crash a lot while playing Warcraft?
For the most part no. During holidays I tend to have worse latency than other times but that's to be expected and doesn't normally effect my play.
3. What mods do you use? (specific to raiding - e.g. DBM, Recount, Omen, etc)
I haven't seriously raided in awhile, so I don't have many really in depth mods. I have DBM, Recount, CT_Raid, and some other mods that make my life easier but for the most part I play with a pretty vanilla setup; it has worked well for me.

Raiding Information
1. Are you able to attend raids on these days and time (Tues 6-9 server, Weds 6:30-9, Fri 7-9)? Please note that raids can go past scheduled times.
If I plan ahead for attendance with my wife I will be able to make raids I am signed up for. But I don't expect to be able to raid each and every week due to RL responsiblities.
2. I cannot raid raid on these days and time:
Monday Nights I will likely never be able to raid.
Sundays in general while I may be online I probably won't raid.
Every other day is fair game as long as I know ahead of time.
3. Will you be able to maintain a MINIMUM of 70% raid attendance? (or whatever % is decided on)
Unlikely to be honest. I'll raid when I can and there is space to but I'm not a hardcore raider, though I do enjoy it when I can. I'd always pass a spot up to a regular if it was a choice between me and someone more deserving of the spot.
4. What is your raiding experience? Are you familiar with the content we will be raiding? For example, knowledge of Ulduar, Vault of Archavon bosses, etc. (please specify 10-man and 25-man).
I've raided all of Naxx 10/25. Voa 10/25. EoE 10. I've only done the first section of Ulduar and only Beasts in ToC (not complete), and farmed trash in ICC. I've done Ony pre-3.2 but not since, except an unsuccessful attempt, though I do know the fight well.
5. Do you have a good grasp of your class? Have you read forums and done the research to ensure you play at the highest level?
Yes. I regularly keep up to date with my class info on EJ and Maintankadan for my pally and for my alts I play.
6. Will you come prepared to raids with the appropriate consumables (food, flask etc) and on time? If you are unable to make it or if you are going to be late, please leave a note on the guild forums
Yep, and will do.
djinux

Re: Benediction - Paladin

Post by djinux »

I don't know if we are recruiting paladins or not right now. Lucavian is our Pally class leader so he would be your best source. His name uses a special character where the u is I think I have heard him cite alt 129 as the keystroke to use to get that to show up, but I suppose if you were to type /who Lords of Karma it would show u if he is online. Either way talk to that man and see what his thoughts are as he is our pally authority.

Cheers
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

Howdy,

I was asked by Lucavian to speak to Izix like a week ago.

Just wanted to post here that I'm not dead, I just haven't seen Izix on until this evening in the past week, and ya'll are in ICC or I would have sent him a tell.

I'll try to catch you when you're done or you can catch me if I'm on an alt:

Galedrid
Stragen
Med

Post by Med »

Hey bud, sorry i have missed you, this week has been busy for me work wise. I will be on tomorrow evening (1-7-10) around 4 or 5 server and should be on late into the evening. Ill try to catch up with you then.

Thanks
Izix
If I say “jump!” and you ask “how high?” you’ve probably already died from asking too many questions.