If you get logged out right after logging in

General Information. Open to the Public.
Gorwyn

If you get logged out right after logging in

Post by Gorwyn »

If you get logged out immediately after logging in, please clear all your browser data.
  • In firfox goto tools>clear private data> to be sure just enable it all (except Browsing History \ Downloads and Saved Passwords).

For IE users please goto internet options>general>settings under history. Do the same, enable everything and remove the preserver favorite data and clear it.
If not, ping an Officer in game.
Aona

Re: If you get logged out right after logging in

Post by Aona »

Also make sure you are always on www.lordsofkarma.net. I had the issue this morning as well, and it's because the cookies are set to save to "www.lordsofkarma.net", but not "lordsofkarma.net".

You can also fix this in phpbb3 by changing the cookie domain to ".lordsofkarma.net". (the leading period is not a typo). Then it will work for both domains :)
Aona - Marksman Hunter
Axeal - Purdy DK tnak
Kymia - Protection Warrior and foot rest for the tall ones
Ober

Post by Ober »

yeah I had setup the cookies for .lordsofkarma.net(which covers everything), with the combination of other issues it didn't appear to be working so I had tried using .www.lordsofkarma.net.

Will change it back.
Excellion

Post by Excellion »

Is this going to happen a lot? I keep a lot of passwords saved etc.
Excellion || Dropzone

The Death Knight formerly known as Sikyo...
Gorwyn

Post by Gorwyn »

Scios, I don't think you have to flush your password list when clearing private data.
- Bad decisions make for good stories!

Dor

Post by Dor »

Thanks for the fix.
Resador - 85 Priest / Nyta - 85 Warrior / Peija - 85 Druid / Camerin - 85 Paladin / Suzea - 85 Warlock
Katalyn - 85 Hunter / Kylldor - 85 Rogue / Jatania - 85 Mage / Dorash - 85 Shaman / Ashannia - 85 Death Knight
Ober

Post by Ober »

Please note if you are having this issue, repeat the steps provided. The reason for this is due to the change I made to the phpbb3 cookie address yesterday evening 26 June 09.

Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully this will be the last of the troublesome log out issues.