Class Forums

General Information. Open to the Public.
lokadmin

Class Forums

Post by lokadmin »

Should I make a class forum with a subforum for each class?
Sqeeks

Re: Class Forums

Post by Sqeeks »

I'm sure it'll be up to the guild officers and not me... But since we might be low on one class and it might not be worth it for every class, it might be nice to have 'ROLE forums'. If we had a warrior forum I'd have no idea how to help the DPS warriors, but if we had a TANK forums I could help people in that. So maybe a Tank, Healer, and DPS forum?
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Cyberfalcon

Post by Cyberfalcon »

Very, very similar to the Blizzard way of handling things, Blizz Created "Damage Dealing", "Healing" and "Tanking" forums to prevent the lonely-ness of one vs another, also is it great for members of the guild to see what other members have to say for each member's genre of play.

I SAY GO FO IT! (Three Forums)
Last edited by Cyberfalcon on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The AddOn Master.
Bridelm

Post by Bridelm »

Either Class Roles forums or the pecific Class forums. I prefer class but whatever works.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Bridelm wrote:Either Class Roles forums or the pecific Class forums. I prefer class but whatever works.
The reason I prefer the three forums is, for example, at the moment we are low on hunters. Lets say a hunter wants to up his DPS, are the other DPS classes gonna check the hunter forum on the off-chance someone needs help? Possible, but not likely. Since we are low on hunters odds are he might get one or two hunter responses, but if we have a DPS forum, all the DPS warriors, mages, shammies etc. can chime in. I am not one of these people but I see a lot of people understand the mechanics of multiple classes and can help the hunter even though that is not their class.

Of course if you post in the 'DPS' forums as a mage or something, and there are mages. You could take the mage's word over a Shammy giving you advice, but it's always good to have discussion instead of just cookiecutter, "Top guilds spec ABC, you must spec ABC." Discussing why makes a lot more sense and lets them learn for the future rather than blindly following orders.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

Bump.

Make it happen, Cap'n.