Notice about inspection 'throttling'.

General Information. Open to the Public.
Zodan

Notice about inspection 'throttling'.

Post by Zodan »

From wowace.com

I've received word that after the next set of rolling restarts, which may be happening as early as tonight, inspection requests on other players will start to be throttled.

This is being done because some addons generate a large number of inspection requests, so beware as some addons may start to behave unexpectedly, flat out break, or otherwise act up. Overall I hope it not to be too bad, but you never know, so here's the heads up.

Addon authors may need to restructure their addon so that they may _never_ receive a response back from a request. We may be seeing several second long intervals between allowed requests, and as I said, some request will likely never be answered.

If I hear any more details I'll update the post.

So, maybe a step towards reducing the idiocy caused through the use of Gearscore. Like people taking downgrades because an item has a higher gearscore.

Here's some blue posts from MMO Champs: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25578348 ... gearscore/
djinux

Re: Notice about inspection 'throttling'.

Post by djinux »

It would be nice if downgrades didn't have to be taken or they were available in more abundance with better itemization on them.

It took me forever to replace Darkmoon Card: Greatness and doing it was Herkuml War token which is a marginal upgrade if not a sidegrade.... I am also looking at replacing my plate belt with a Leather one just because I am so far over hit cap that the arpen and haste I can get off the leather piece seem much better to me because I actually get something out of it.

Reforging can't come soon enough for me...
Zodan

Post by Zodan »

I bought the leather dps belt for my fury warrior, it's way better in most circumstances.

That kind of thing should be reduced in the expansion at least, if not eliminated.
djinux

Post by djinux »

Yeah Unholy is about the only DK spec that it isn't better than the plate one for.. IVe even considered dropping below the expertise cap and replacing my tier legs. Id guess Coldwraith Links would be better overall but they still don't have the arpen the leather does...