It's been a while

General Information. Open to the Public.
Korthos

It's been a while

Post by Korthos »

Hey everyone,

It’s been a while. Hopefully a few old-timers are still around that remember me. I’ve taken a long and much needed break from the game, but reflect often on the good times I shared with Lords of Karma, from the UGOW days of Molten Core raiding, through Burning Crusade, Karazhan, and Black Temple. The questing, battlegrounds, even the countless hours we spent wiping in Gruul's Lair were a blast.

I hope Wrath of the Lich King has been good to everyone. I feel like I’ve missed out on a lot.

With Cataclysm approaching, I think it might be time to log in again for another kick at the can. I don’t have any ambitions to raid (not that my level 70 would allow for that anyway), and will just keep things casual for a while and see how it goes. I have some catching up to do.

I recently sorted through my old WoW screenshots and found some classics. I uploaded them to Imageshack if anyone is interested in checking them out:
http://img251.imageshack.us/g/zahexlorddown.jpg/

See you soon,

Korthos (Frazil / Rodin)
Willow

Re: It's been a while

Post by Willow »

Hey Korthos, good to see you. Glad you enjoyed your break. The screenshots are great, thanks for sharing, I remember some of those, even the UGOW ones. Especially the UGOW ones, LOL, staying up til 3am to kill Ossirian. Those were the days :lol: Look forward to seeing you in game again soon. Take care. :beer:
Willow

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Emerson
Ascaron

Post by Ascaron »

Howdy Korthos!

How ya been?
Korthos

Post by Korthos »

Good to see you are still around Willow.

I figured you might enjoy those pics since you are in a lot of them. Seems like you hardly missed a raid over the years. I like the one of you and Warman perched outside Black Temple on your drakes.

What a rush taking Ossirian down was. At one point that fight seemed completely out of reach, but something just clicked that night, and he toppled.

It would be great to see video of those old AQ runs and such. Wish I’d done some recording.
Korthos

Post by Korthos »

Hey Ascaron,

I’m good, my friend. Hope you and Gio are well. Last I recall you two were giving Conan the MMO a whirl. It’s hard to stay away from WoW for long though, isn’t it?
Ascaron

Post by Ascaron »

Yea, I'm not playing WoW or AoC atm . I've reverted back to the short term style of games. SC2, Civ 5, SoaSE, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, etc etc.

I will be trying starwars The Old Republic when it comes out and Diablo 3 (of course) :)
Korthos

Post by Korthos »

I heard a guitar player on the radio the other day that reminded me of the music in Diablo. Almost got me stoked to reinstall the game just for the soundtrack.

I’m looking forward to The Old Republic, especially after polishing off Kotor recently. In fact, I’ll play just about anything Bioware puts out. They know how to tell a good story, and hopefully they can apply that to an MMO by making the narrative a bit more relevant. Plus having your own ship sounds hella-fun.
Miaraist

Post by Miaraist »

Hi Korthos!! Good to see you dropping back in :D I continue to hope for a time when I can get a nice chunk of time to myself to play again, but it has been a long time coming!! Hope to see you soon
Korthos

Post by Korthos »

Raist, it’s great to hear from you!

Hope you can find some time for a little Warcraft in the near future. I’ve been back on for a couple of days now and enjoying the ol’ Druid again. I’m pretty rusty, but it’s all slowly coming back to me.
Sqeeks

Post by Sqeeks »

First off, hey Korthos. Dunno if you remember me, but I do remember your name from waaay back in the day. How's it going? :)
Ascaron wrote:Yea, I'm not playing WoW or AoC atm . I've reverted back to the short term style of games. SC2, Civ 5, SoaSE, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, etc etc.

I will be trying starwars The Old Republic when it comes out and Diablo 3 (of course) :)
^^^ Also how is Fallout New Vegas, I was really interested in buying it but my funds ran short at Blizzcon. I am still interested but I dunno if I should just wait. We need to play/talk again obviously. Speaking of Blizzcon, being surrounded by WoW made me get the itch again, but an hour and a half at the WoW computers and I remembered everything I hated about it. :P

I am also looking forward to D3 and TOR. Played Diablo 3 at the 'Con and I can tell that that is gonna be great. Not sure if I want to get into another MMO again but TOR might be the one to do it, all of ya'll joining would make it funner too. :)
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.