Invasion

General Information. Open to the Public.
Natoc

Invasion

Post by Natoc »

So what are peoples thoughts on the invasion ?

So far im not all that impressed with it was fun to run around defending the city and the bosses were ok but not really seeing mu ch excitement after doing it once .
Toy

Re: Invasion

Post by Toy »

Too many people for me to do the invasion, I see a mass of elephants and then its over... I don't even know what happens, they should instance it or something...
Alba gu Bràth!
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

I think it's a neat event but yeah there's no a lot of drive to do it more than once really.

It's a good way to get tripping the rifts if you don't have it.

Honestly though I don't think it was really meant to be done more than once or twice. It won't be live for long; probably this week at most, and it happens often enough to match most peoples schedules so they can participate before the shattering.

My only concern is that by the end of the week there won't be enough people to even care enough to do it to unlock the bosses. Buuuuuut, even then; while the gear that is dropped is nice, and will help my priest finish Northrend; it's all gonna be replaced in the first zone/instance of Cataclysm, so no biggie.
Toy

Post by Toy »

I tried it on my level 40 orc warrior just after maintenance and had a blast, running around rescuing civilians then joining up with the 80s to defeat all of those elites, it was awesome, if still a little buggy with some of the civilians. Its really enjoyable at lower levels, though I still havn't seen all that talk about sandbags etc.
Alba gu Bràth!
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

The 5ish minutes before the invasion you have to place either barriers or sandbags; depending on what city you're in. There's about 50 or so that need to be placed all over the city, maybe more, and when they're all down the invasion will start.

It might start on its own but there could be some drawback; dunno.