4.0.3a

General Information. Open to the Public.
Benediction

4.0.3a

Post by Benediction »

Just a reminder to people that 4.0.3a will be the patch that changes the world.

You can expect it to go live either on the 23rd or the 30th of November so plan accordingly.

That means get anything done like the Scepter quests or ZG or whatever that will be gone forever.

I also want to point out that Portals will be removed from Dalaran and Shattrath

For your own sake you should move your mans out of those towns if you're hearthed there because there will be no direct way to get them out, particularly if they're lowbies you have hearthed there to use the portals for questing. You won't have FP's in Northrend and you'll have to get a mage to get you out.

Also, once Cataclysm hits, SW and Orgrimmar will likely become the major "hub" cities so consider that in deciding where to park your characters.
Eldärwen

Re: 4.0.3a

Post by Eldärwen »

The version that is on the PTR appears to be a release candidate, so it is pretty likely that this will be released next week.

"Its the end of the world... of Warcraft... and I feel fine"
"No Guilt in Life, No Fear in Death
This is the power of Christ in me"
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

Something to consider.

There's a Q&A on MMo-champ right now that says that they're going to allow people to have their quest logs full and then when cataclysm launches turn in those quests for a quick boost to XP.

Quests at 80 are about 22k XP each, if you filled up on 25 completed dailies and turned them in on day one you'd be sitting on about 550k XP.

That's about a quarter of a level.

Just something to think about. If you're doing dailys right before cataclysm, you might just hold onto them a bit.
Eldärwen

Post by Eldärwen »

Didn't they drastically reduce the Exp gain from dailys? I thought that was the reason the amount of gold you got from them got cut in half.
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

No, the problem with daily gold right now is that the game thinks people at 80 aren't at the level cap so the xp isn't translating to gold but it's not rewarding XP either since you are at the cap, also it's hit or miss. Some dailys are giving proper gold some aren't. It's just a bug like some boss class enemies being unskinnable because you can't get above 450 skill atm and the game thinks that bosses are higher than they are, level wise.

Hopefully that'll be fixed before Cata but who knows. It should just require a hotfix. I haven't logged on today to check.

EDIT: Also I noticed reduced gold from quests in general last night. I did all of Storm Peaks on my priest and many quests were giving significantly less than they should have for a level 80.
Eldärwen

Post by Eldärwen »

Ah, ok. That makes sense.
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

In general if you want to be safe and still load up on the dailys; look at the gold reward on the quest. If it is 13+ gold then you're gonna get the full 22k+ XP when you turn it in for Cata. If it's 7 or less you can probably find something better to fill the spot with.

A quick guide is here:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/788 ... the-action

You might consider doing the Wintergrasp weeklies as they reward the same XP but don't count toward your daily count. It would either allow you to quickly grab and do 5 more dailys or just move onto Hyjal or Vash'jir and have extra daily room in case you run into one on your first cata day.

But in the end it's just a thing to do if you're really bored. The time spent doing those dailies would be the same as time spent actually questing in the new zones. You're just offsetting about 5-600k of your xp needs to a day or two before the xpack instead of the day of.

Also it'll give you a bit of a buffer to have more cata quests left over at 85 for gold, if you're so inclined.

I'll probably do it on my 80's ust because I've been doing tournament dailies on most of them every day anyway. I'll just not turn them in the last day and get a nice little bit of XP to get started.

Personally I'm planning on just leveling my Pally to 85 and then holding off until the guild gets enough xp to get at least the 10% xp bonus and the new cloak/helm heirlooms. If it looks like those are going to take a super long time I might go ahead but I dunno.

AAAaaaanyway; just thought I'd pass it along. We're not exactly the sort of guild to expect anyone to level cap asap to plow into raiding. I just know there's folks like me who already play way too much and might want to get a head start
Benediction

Post by Benediction »

MMO-Champion is saying that the shattering is for sure tomorrow the 23rd.
Borthatos

Post by Borthatos »

Benediction

Post by Benediction »

Patch is up; servers are still down.

You can log in and see the cinematic and log-in screen but it'll still be a bit to play.

It occurred to me though...where the heck are the going to go for the next xpack? I'm hard pressed to think of anything that would be as epic as shattering the world.

I would guess the next xpack will have something to do with the emerald dream and that we'll probably see the pre-shattering old world again, as the world in the emerald dream is supposed to be Azeroth in its "perfect" state and probably wouldn't change due to the shattering. Buuuuuut that's neither here nor there.